The Robert E. Myers Center
COMING FALL 2023!
The Mission Headquarters
- Robert E. Myers Center -
The Mission’s purpose is to bring the Gospel message to men and women often neglected by our community. Through clothing, food, shelter, and Christian counseling, our ministry equips them with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
The Robert E. Myers Center is the physical heart of The Mission where numerous services come together. The Center houses the following ministries:
- Dayroom: A safe place where the homeless can come and get out of the elements.
- Food Pantry: A pantry designed to feed individuals in our community who do not have food or do not qualify for food assistance.
- Showers: Clean and respectable shower facilities where people who have no place to shower can perform basic hygiene.
- Nightly Hot Dinner: Dinner is served 365 days a year to those who are hungry.
- Chapel Services
- The New Beginnings Program administration.
- Christian Counseling: Available during the day.
- Vocational and Academic Classes.
- Bible Studies and Small Groups.
- Budget Classes.
- Community Dinners: For Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, open to the entire community.
- Christian Mentoring: Held daily.
- Office space: Available to other ministries in the community which enhance The Mission’s ministry.
NOTE: This list of ministries currently is adjusted as the Robert E. Myers Center is completing its renovation, with an estimated opening day ????????. Call 240-718-8911 for a complete list of currently available services as we transition from our old facility to our new one.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can anyone come to The mission? Yes, the community is welcome.
- What are the hours of operation? Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday 9 a.m. to 11 a.ma for Sunday Service and Breakfast.
- What is The Missions’s phone number? 240-718-8911
- When is the Pantry open? If The Mission is open, the pantry is open.
- What kind of clothing is available in the Pantry? Jackets, socks, winter clothing.
- Does The Mission give out tents and sleeping bags for the homeless? Yes.
- Is there an age requirement for guests to use the facility? Yes. Anyone under the age of 18 is required to be accompanied by an adult. In certain situations, a parent’s written permission will be required.
- How can I volunteer at The Mission? Visit the volunteer link. There are many ways to volunteer.
- How can I donate to The Mission? Visit the donate link or call The Mission for specific needs.
- If someone asks what The Mission is, what should I say? It’s a Christian ministry dedicated to spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ by serving and helping the folks who walk through our doors as best we can.
Under Construction: It's Coming Together!
We would like to thank all the donors, contractors and volunteers who are making this possible.